How many books did you read in 2019? So I took a reading challenge from @bbbbookclub, and I finished like 30 EFFIN BOOKS omg am so proud of myselllfffff! As always, the challenge seemed so exciting at first, after that, my pace was going slower and I started to stop the reading in the middle of the year.
As the month goes by, I forgot that I have the challenge. Until November. Yes, 2 months before the year ended. I have finished around 15 books in that month. My inner sloth shouted very hard “Calm doooowwwn.. chilll.. You can manage it next year, rittee?” But the Virgo-ness inside me wont give up.
Read more: Berapa Buku Yang Kamu Baca Tahun Ini?
So I started a reading marathon in Nov, and finish 30 books on 30th of Dec. Do you want to know what book I read last year? Here’s the list!
- Sophie Kinsella – Six Geese A-Laying
- Genevieve Parker Hill – Minimalist Living
- Ken Watanabe – Problem Solbing 101
- Lang Leav – Love & Misadventure
- Sapardi Djoko Damono – Ayat ayat Api
- Sophie Kinsella – Fairy Mom & Me
- Citra Marina – The Stories of Choo Choo: You’re Not as Alone as You Think karya
- Marchella FP – NKCTHI
- Amber Dusick – Marriage (Illustrated with crappy pictures)
- Lala Bohang – Book of Questions
- Meira Anastasia – Imperfect
- Marchella FP – Generasi 90an “Anak Kemaren Sore”
- Naela Ali – Stories for Rainy Days Volume 2
- David Bach – Go Green, Live Rich
- Dewi Hughes – Diet Kenyang
- Lisa Swerling & Ralph Lazar – Happiness is… (500 things to be happy about)
- Sarah Callard – The Little Green Book of Beauty (250 tips for an eco lifestyle)
- Emha Ainun Nadjib – Allah Tidak Cerewet Seperti Kita
- Andrea Hirata – Sirkus Pohon
- Living Loving – Lovely Nest
- Sarah Cooper – 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings
- Siska Nirmala – Zero Waste Adventure
- David Small – Imogene’s Antlers
- Ezra Jack Keats – John Henry (an American Legend)
- Sophia Amoruso – Girl Boss
- Donna Jo Napoli – Mitologi Yunani Kuno
- Remy Sylado – Drama anak “Timun Mas & Buto Ijo”
- Banggaber – Menjelang Petang
- Naela Ali – Silly Gilly Daily
- Allie Brosh – Hyperbole & a Half
Whoo hoo! 30 books is in da haus, yo! Well ok, I admit that I read several illustration books to meet the target. But hey, they are still damn books.
As for 2020, I wanted to have the same target from 2019, which is 30 books. But some of friends told me that I should make it higher. Lollll, ok then, I make it thirty five! HAPPY NOOOW? :)) As per today (oh hi Valentine’s day!), I already read 11 books. Cool, eh? Hope the pace can be maintained so I can read more books than 35 (hellooo, capt ambitiouuus?).
What about you, guys? Do you challenge yourself to read more as well? Tell me in comment section, will be better if you can give me books recommendation to read this year. You can guess my type of books based on the list above, rite? For the update, you might want to see my Instagram Stories highlight “Reading Challenge 20”. Adios amigos!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss